We protect your rights in Finland and abroad.
The most important service you receive as our member is royalty payment: we collect royalties for the use of your music in Finland and abroad and pay them to you. We offer you expert services and advice on various practical matters related to your work. Through us, you are also part of the community of Finnish music authors, and we will safeguard your interests.
The services we offer you can be divided into three groups: rights management services, service channels and communications services as well as support and safeguarding of interests services.
Rights management services
- Global registration and maintenance of author and works details: as our member, you get an international author identifier (IPI number) and your works get international work identifiers (ISWC codes).
- Making agreements on the use of music: we negotiate the terms and prices of using music with various parties and make licensing deals with music users.
- We sell licenses for using your music.
- We collect royalties for the use of your music in Finland and abroad.
- We process music usage reports so that the collected royalties can be paid exactly to those music authors whose music was played.
- We pay royalties and withhold the tax from royalties paid as earned income.
- We provide advice and help in matters related to taxation and revenue models.
- We process complaints, i.e. identify potential issues with royalty payments and sort them out.
Service channels and communications services
- 24/7 service channels online: in the web service, you can submit work or performance notifications, keep track of the royalties paid to you and submit notifications of self-administration.
- Customer service and advice through our website’s live chat service, over the phone and by email.
- Information, instructions and the latest news on our website and in our newsletter and social media channels.
Support services and safeguarding of interests
- As our member, you can also join our member organisations (The Society of Finnish Composers, Finnish Music Creators’ Association, The Finnish Music Publishers Association) and gain access to their services.
- The Finnish Music Foundation’s grants and instrument bank.
- Social and political advocacy work related to, for example, social security and unemployment benefits for professional music authors.